Thursday, July 1, 2010

Greek Salad - sort of




Wow, I just made the most amazing simple Greek-ish Salad. I did not take a pic, so I am highlighting the main ingredient - the kalamata olive.


Ingredients:
Salad greens - all I had was basic-traditional-available-everywhere head of green lettuce, it was perfect because it had so much moisture in it, good for a hot day.
1/2 diced avocado, salt and pepper and coat in lemon juice
Sliced in half Kalamata Olives
Feta cheese
Chunky diced cucumber
One thinly sliced, the long way, baby carrot
Lightly toasted sliced almonds - I toasted them right before putting them on the salad and eating so they were a little bit of warm added to the salad.

I added a little bit of Raspberry Walnut vinaigrette dressing from Paul Newman. The flavors were all just wonderful together. I am sure a tomato would have made it even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment