Sunday, January 24, 2010

Peanut butter and jelly cookies



Peanut butter and jelly cookies

I have always loved my mom's thumbprint cookies, so when I found this recipe that adds a bit of peanut butter, I had to try it. They turned out great.
A word of warning, I like my cookies less sweet than most, so I lower the sugar content. I think you will like them my way, but if you really need a sugar fix, you might want more white sugar.


1. Mix in mixer, until smooth
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c sugar
2 tbsp honey
1 c butter, soft
1 c peanut butter - I used a brand that called itself 'Natural'. It was a lot less sweet than name brands.

2. Add to mixer, until smooth
2 eggs
1/4 c milk
2 tsp vanilla

3. Mix in separate bowl, then add to mixer until blended
3 1/2 c flour (in HI I have to add extra flour because i live in the forest - but this is the mainland amount)
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

4. 3/4 c jam.
Heat oven to 375. Roll dough into ball, place on ungreased cookie sheet. Push thumb into center. Fill hole with jelly. Cook 10 mins, cool on sheet 2 mins more, cool on rack.


2 comments:

  1. Lord, Tina. I'm making these this weekend. Medhane is of the "less sugar" ilk, too. (And I'm coming along.) Should be perfect.

    ReplyDelete